Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Good things...

You have no idea how amazing it is to get chocolate from your mother when your like 2 thousand miles away!!! Oh man... you have no idea what it feels like to eat all that chocolate in like one sitting!!! YUK!

Well not all of it, but a lot!

Life has been grand, I went through a little burn out, and am still resting because of it, but the reason for it... well they are the best reasons for burn out I have ever had. I went to Norway for ten days, got back had three days of school, went to Scotland for four days, came back and wrote a paper or two, and now I am just worn out. I thought like 3 days of just laying low would cure me, but it is proving to be alittle more than that. I am still tired and my mind is just on the edge between, crabby and happy. But it is alright, its half the battle just realizing that your burnt out, if you can admit it, then it is just stupid not to do anything about it. So I am spending as much time with God as I can. It is the only thing to do. I get rest, I drink orange juice eat ok, and be with God.

Today I went to this art museum in downtown Birmingham, ohh it was so beautiful. I was proud of myself because I one point I saw a bust (Head and shoulder sculpture) of this guy and I recognized the name. There is this guy in British Politics his name is Edmund Burke. He was a conservative durring the time of the american and french revolutions. He spoke out against the french and their destroying of the Monarchy. Any way, when Burke first came into Politics he was a clerk type guy for this man names, Charles, 2nd Marquis of Rockingham. And the bust was of that guy, Charles. I was blown away. I wasy most blown away that I remembered all that, then blown away that I didn't learn it in class but in a book I am reading about Burke for my own leasuire. Then I was blown away at the fact that I was looking at the man, whom brought Burke into Politics. Burke is known as one of the best Orators of British Politics... ever! And the best rhetoric writer of politics in the world for his time, though he was mainly concerned with British Politics, he had contemporaries of men like Thomas Paine! I mean come on! If you are known as one of the best, during a time of such great writers as PAINE! Wow your damn good. Any way, I am trying to learn about Burke, leanr from the best you know. Even people who didn't like him, still knew he was the best. But that aside, if you have any questions about Burke just e-mail me i'll tell you more haha.

Well, I went to the museum, and I was frustrated, because I was there to do an assignment, and the whole things was like 12 pages of questions, so I did it, but every questions was the SAME QUESTION just for a different work of art. Ohhh man I wanted to take my brain out of my head and give it a rest, you can only answer a question so many ways, before you want to rip the paper in half. So I was a bit crabby, then we; Jill, Kat, JR and I went to star-bucks (i hate american branch coffee shops, i miss the good old original ones, like Amazing Grace, or Jarabeks) I got an orange juice, cause coffee would of killed me. I felt better after that, but still alittle slow. I just need sleep.

Love you all, check out my pictures off the link there >>>>>>

And comment on my page, i wanna see who is reading, if anyone!?

No comments: