Monday, November 13, 2006

Love conquors all Fear

I dunno what to write, the home sickness has finally struck me!

I told a friend all i wanted to do was drive in the red truck down a gravel road blaring some country music with the windows down. With uncontrollable events on either side of the ocean, I could really go for a late night conversation with my mom over tea or chocolate-chip cookies. I could also go for an old movie while sitting in my dads lap in his chair. and I am 21 years old haha.

But I am so glad I am here, if I was anywhere else other than here right now it wouldn't be right. I am exactly where I ought to be with the things of life raining down over my head.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepard I shall not want,
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me besides still water,
He restores my soul.

He leads me in the paths of righteousness,
For His name sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil
for you are with me
your rod and your staff they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies
you anoint my head with oil
my cups runs over

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord -
Forever.

I wrote in a poem once, life comes at a funny time in ones own existence.

Life is just goofy.

So I'll keep living, I am sure all you old timers out there are saying, ohhh man there is mike over in England whining about life. You have a point. But here is one for ya,

No matter where you go... there you are.

Beaches, cities, home or abroad. You still have your mind, your heart and your soul.

Faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.

-Mike

No comments: