Thursday, September 28, 2006

Classes

It has been the first week of classes and so far I like them. My favorite being my visual journals class. Where over the length of the course we will be making leather bound travel journals by hand. I had a mix up witha few of my classes, the british politics class time had changed and no one told me. A few of us didn't know, I am still figuring out how the others found out, but it doesn't matter now. Then I read the schedule wrong for my film studies class.

Other than that I haven't been up to much lately, I did some dancing at the parties we have been having at the Manor Bar, here at manor House. It is funny, cause the europeans can't really dance that well. They have their own style, (which is really bad) but they all took forever to work up enough courage to join in and try to dance, we all welcomed them openly but they were pretty nervous. I've met a lot of brits, and now I am taking a break from meeting people. I'm alittle burnt out on that one. Meeting and getting to know the americans, now 370 other internationals is tough, i've done well, but I need a break.

Over the course of this week i did two major things. One... I learned how to play snooker. It is their pool game, and it lasts like hours!!! But it is fun, alittle more skill, as the table is about twice the size of ours and twice as many balls are played on the table. 15 red balls, and 6 others (Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink and Black) you must break the reds, then make one red at a time, only after making a red can you (and you have to) hit one of the other balls in. Open making a red you get 1 point. For the others it is ((with the color order above)2,3,4,5,6,7) When there are still red balls on the table, and the others go in, you take the others back out and put them back where they were when you set up to break. If you make a scratch, 4 points to the opponent, if you make a wrong ball at least 4 points to the opponent as well. In the end after all red balls are knocked in and all the others from lowest to highest are made, the person with the most points wins. The balls are smaller as are the pockets. It is a fun, weird game. Too many rules.

After snooker I read a 660 page book in about 3 days, maybe 4. It was pretty nice to have read a book. I haven't done it in awhile. Well Talk to you all later. Hope you are all itchin to go play snooker.

-Mike

No comments: