Monday, November 26, 2007

Finding your way

A long time ago someone very important to me told me I'd have to find my path in life. Then I'd have to walk it.

It sounds easy doesn't it? Finding your path, then walking it.

Have you ever gone hiking, and just seen something off the trail that looked cool or just needed to be more closely looked at? Then you turned around, and for a second you needed to find the path again. That is a microcosm of our lives I think. We all have the things that take us off the path briefly, somethings are good, somethings are not. It is during the times when we turn around and find our path that our true character comes out. Are we willing to labor to find the path again? Are we willing to fail just so that we can get back there? Sometimes I am, sometimes I am not. But the decisions in our lives effect the people around us, so what will we do?

Well right now I am laboring. I find that when you come to a clearing, it is harder to follow the path, in the forest it is easier to see the trail, but in a field or a desert the path is just forward, and not in any direction. It is just all trust.

I think it is easier for me than for others, I believe in Jesus' death and resurrection, so I believe I have the holy spirit, and am directed, comforted and disciplined spiritually by Him. But I know people who wonder, from one emotion to the next, from one crash to the next fall (the bumper car game of life). Hoping that one day they'll just happen upon that path. Yet all that happens is they walk farther into oblivion, further into hate, anger, bitterness and denial. I long that they would know my God, their creator, and their only hope. Not for happiness, lots of things give you happiness, not for a better life, some Christians I know have horridly difficult lives, but their only hope for fulfillment, for healing and for a future. I pray they find it, and I pray Jesus uses me to help them, not to judge them, i hate when people judge, but i just want to love them, and show them love can change all things, it can make all things new.

No comments: