Thursday, February 01, 2007

Political Ranting

This was a response to a friends writing...

As am I, enraged. Long have the depths of the controversial constrained the heels of men and woman in the political process that seems to direct hearts to the categorization that is the polarization of our homeland. A few times in history we have come to this place, and every situation was to be a breaking and turning point for our nation. I pray to God that the arms of men, brothers and sisters do not lash out at one another, but the words of daughters and fathers, mothers and sons seem to leak from the very foundations of the laws of our land and this is our pain. That we must rise against the will of those we love. Not in rebellion but in compassion. I fear, I fear for that which as yet to be seen, the break down of this country by the politics we all say we hate, and yet we vote for it to continue.
I too walk a cold path with my hands in my pockets wondering. Wandering the paths I see before me trying to find the root cause. I can not look back, I have done too much looking back. I will move forward and I just wish that some would walk with me. Not to agree, but to explore, explore how the ideals and dreams and visions of a few men a few hundred years ago translate into relevancy upon our 21st century heart. Just as those men peered from a seat of unknowing, far greater than our own, it was the want for something better that drove them to uphold and fight for all that they held dear.
Some may think that means we must rise up in anger, rise up in rebellion against the powers that be. But I say no. I peer into the years before us and I see the foundations laid by men and women’s blood so that we would not have to fight to be better. Don’t you see they fought so we wouldn’t have to! They laid down lives so that we could live them in perpetual change, that is our country, one of melting on of movement it is dynamic. Why must we hold to that which seems dear when it destroys the dreams of the ones who will come after. All I see is smog my friends. All I see is green.
The dead presidents sneer at us from the corruption that rises from our hearts! Take responsibility for your actions. You voted them their, take them down from there! We believe them, fess up, we nodded our heads in agreement. We got stung and you say, oh those damn bastards in DC. I’m not saying that, I’m hanging my head. They represent me. They represent my ink on some paper. They represent my land, my house, my heart my dreams. What will we do? I may not be there, but my voice will be there. No tea parties for me, they live on my dollar, they work on my time.

hope you get it, i dunno if i do. Any quetions just ask.

-Mike

No comments: